A few things about me:
- Yes, Kellyn Thompson is a pen name. Why? Because I write non-fiction science articles and am into SciComm, for which I use my given name. I thought it would be best to keep my fiction writing separate from the non-fiction science writing, ergo I used a different name when I decided to write fiction.
- I do love writing (hence my first blog post, titled, “Why I love writing“), but I hate writing about myself. Maybe this blog will help me on that front. But I much prefer the solace I find in the objectivity of science or the dreamy unreality of fiction.
- I reside in the great Pacific Northwest in the United States.
- I have a dark sense of humor. My whole family does.
- I need at least two cups of coffee to get going in the morning. It’s not a good idea for me to try to do anything substantial before finishing that second cup.
- I love animals and biology and the magic (er…science) of life in general and, of course, books and cats.
- I loooooooove being dramatic in my fiction writing, haaaaate being dramatic IRL.
- And, finally, in case it’s not obvious, I am very new to blogging–Thank you for your patience! and any tips you have 🙂
You can find me on:
***if you are a book reviewer and/or book blogger who would like to receive a review copy of The Unexpected Inlander in exchange for an honest review, please email me at kethompsonprom at hotmail dot com***